Friday, February 12, 2010

Moving day quickly approaches...

I'm in the process of moving back to Vancouver, Washington. Because some may not know, let me explain that Vancouver is really just a suburb of Portland. You cross a river (the mighty Columbia) and booya, you're there. The river crossing is actually the most annoying part. There's only 2 bridges that go over there (the other is highway 205) and traffic gets really bad from about 7:45-9:30am going into Portland and then again at 3:00-6:30pm going back to the 'Couv. It's ridiculous. I forget about it when I'm in Portland, but whenever I visit (or today, when I took a car load of boxes) and I'm like, crap, this sucks. Today I left at 2:40pm and the traffic was already shitty. I believe this happened so early because of the 3 day (for some people) weekend. When there's no traffic I can get to my sister's house in about 15 minutes. Today it took 35 minutes. Blah. 

My hours at work are pretty weird, so I hope to not hit traffic much on my commutes. 

Remember awhile back when I posted what was in my fridge? Well, Jess reviewed the products a couple weeks ago and I'm about to. That shall be my next post after I've moved! 

I shall miss this girl and this porch...

1 comment:

Liz Ranger (Bubble Tea for Dinner) said...

hey congrats on the move... and for calling it the 'Couv. Most of my family is from there, and while I'd never (probably) move there, being able to call it *that* might get me to visit sooner. hee.