So i was reading Allularpunk's blog, Awesome. Vegan. Rad., and she had a post where she answered someone's questions. So i decided to steal them and answer them myself.
1. What is a food you disliked before going vegan, but now enjoy?
Hmm...this is tough because i don't remember starting to like something since going vegan. Soy yogurt, perhaps? yeah, no....i still dislike celery and cilantro. I think i do like quinoa a little more.
2. If you could convince one person to go vegan, who would it be, and why?
My Mom, so that she might make me stuff and not complain about my way of eating.
3. What is the kitchen appliance you can't live without?
toaster oven, those things are so great.
4. What is your favorite veg restaurant you have eaten at (or your fave restaurant in general)?
I am really looking forward to going to Portobello again. I've only gone once. If they every make tortellini i will shit twice and die. Happy.
5. Do you face any dilemmas/struggles as a vegan?
Occasionally, when i'm not in Portland. Actually, not true. Sometimes when i'm at a restaurant that's got some veg options, but most of the staff/owners don't know what vegan really means, i have the dilemma of asking what the exact ingredients are. Usually, i just play the ignorant vegan and don't ask. I'll still ask the server if something's vegan, but a lot of people who aren't vegan don't know of the items to look for: casein, whey (seriously, i know someone who was like, what's whey? it's from dairy?), lactose, vitamin D3.
Does anyone have any questions they want to ask? Contact me, i love survey shit.