Saturday, October 18, 2008

Crispy Rice

I had the chance to try 2 of the Envirokids Crispy Rice bars, the Peanut Butter and Berry (which i think are called something else....i thought the word "drizzle" was involed in the pb one....ok, i found out i had the Peanut Choco Drizzle....oh, and i think i had the Fruity Burst one not "berry"....so yeah, neither are pictured here.....). Anyways, these kinda remind me of rice krispies treats and they're probably supposed to. 

The berry one had a pleasant berry "essence" to it. It was reminiscent of Fruity Booty, a Robert's American Gourmet snack, you know, the same people who make Tings. It's not something i would normally buy, but if i was ever offered one again, i would accept. Not exactly a glowing review, but fruty stuff  just ain't my thing.

However, the Peanut Choco Drizzle one was more my thing and i found it enjoyable. It was crispy, peanut buttery and chocolatey. A good combination, indeed. 

I think it's nice to have a gluten free option like that for those poor kids that can't have gluten. I did notice these have honey in them, so if you're not into that, stay clear....

1 comment:

jess (of Get Sconed!) said...

honey! maybe that's why they didn't send them to me? since I said vegan only?