Thursday, October 2, 2008

Waffles and Me

I've posted about waffles before on here. It's not my favorite breakfast food, but when it comes to quick and easy, frozen waffles are just the manwhores of breakfast foods. Especially when someone else is making them for you....and adding maple "butter" and vegan sausage. Then it's just flippin' golden! Look how happy Katie is!



Yesterday Katie (of Sweetpea Baking Co) and i went to the Flavour Spot cart at N. Fremont and Mississippi (the other location is somewhere on Lombard, google if you want specifics, i'm unable to do links...). We met up with our friends Kevin (www.tofuligans.com), Jeff, and Susie. Kevin is currently visiting from the great north (aka Canadia.....yeah, Canadia) to do photography for Isa Chandra Moskowitz's new brunch book (yay!). Jeff is a recent transplant from....Iowa? This here is Susie, a recent transplant from Vancouver...Washington. Heh....She's into science and molecules and how to make vegan whip cream.(http://parsnipparsimony.wordpress.com/)


Anyways, back to food....

I had been hearing about this food cart for a very long time, but it's quite far for me to go just to get a waffle, no matter how good that waffle is. I finally went a few months ago when i was house/dogsitting for the Hooten's, who live out near the Lombard location (and also the Fremont/Mississippi location wasn't open just yet). I fell pretty hard for this delightful mix of flavors and textures. I had to go again the next day. And then again a few days later....The wait can be a little long at times. The cost is $4.50, which isn't bad.

Bellies full of goodness:

4 comments:

Chelsea said...

I like that place a lot. I've only been to the one on Lombard in the Video Chest parking lot, which is so weird to me because it's 2 blocks from my mom's house where I grew up. I had a waffle with strawberries and Rice Mallow. Oh yeah!

Bex said...

everyone looks so happy with full mouths and tummies.

KitteeBee said...

karla,
yum yum. are the sausages inserted into the waffles somehow? like hollowed out and stuffed?

xo
kitteee

Karla said...

kittee- nope, it's just a circular waffle folded in half!