Friday, April 8, 2011

Teese Mozzarella Sticks


Chicago Soy Dairy came out with vegan breaded mozzarella sticks using their vegan cheese called Teese. Teese is probably my favorite vegan cheese, so I was psyched to try these out. I work at a mostly vegan restaurant and my boss was able to get samples of the cheese sticks from a distributor for me to try.

I tried one of them by themselves and the rest I dipped into our homemade marinara sauce with a bit of Sriracha in it as well. My general consensus on them was: meh. They're not bad, but they're not something I imagine myself craving. The most disappointing part of them was the "cheese." It tasted like nothing. The breading on them was really good, but it didn't make up for the blah middle.

It's fried, so, yeah, if a plate of these were put in front of me, I'll eat them with gusto. I just wouldn't go out of my way for them.

No comments: